Friday, May 28, 2010

Barnacle Barney's



One of the huge perk about the Pacific Northwest is the freshest seafood ever. That was one thing I missed so much about when I have relocated in the middle of the desert from Florida with lack of fresh and cheaper seafood!
On Vancouver Island's best specialty is the good ole Fish n' Chips, hence the name of the providence: British Columbia. Anyway, you can see an Inukshuk beside the image of my delicious Battered Halibut, Coleslaw, and French Fries with gravy (a Canadian thing). Drew an Inukshuk from a photo beside where I was sitting while waiting for my food.
What's an Inukshuk?
Its a First Nations thing, you will see the rock sculpture almost everywhere in Canada. The word inuksuk means "something which acts for or performs the function of a person." The inuksuk may have been used for navigation, as a point of reference, a marker for hunting grounds, or as a food cache. The Inupiat in northern Alaska used inuksuit to assist in the herding of caribou into contained areas for slaughter. Inuksuit vary in shape and size, with deep roots in the Inuit culture.

Also, the water I have used with my watercolour is directly from the Island's salt water.

No comments:

Post a Comment